Financial Controller – Youghal Credit Union
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Credit Union Manager
Contract: Permanent Full Time
To Apply: Applicants are invited to submit their CV, along with a cover letter, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th June 2017
Main Purpose of the Job:
As part of the Senior Management team undertake all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Root and branch review of existing function and make recommendations for any necessary improvements to the Board and then implement.
- Develop existing team.
- Provide necessary information to assist manager/Board in decision making.
- Produce Monthly management accounts
- Produce Key statistics in relation to strategic performance
- Produce Projections and budgets and gap analyses
- Bank reconciliation and Treasury management
- Liquidity and Investment portfolio management
- Cost reductions, efficiencies, growth etc.
- Regulatory reporting
- Maintain fixed asset register.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in the financial services industry.
- Will be a confident person with excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in excel essential and other systems.
- Staff management experience.
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the Credit Union movement
- Strong desire to take ownership of the role and help to drive the success and profitability of the organisation.